02 March, 2009

march blahs

the sickos are here.

Last week, Mike ended up with a pretty nasty cold. He was quite sick teusday-thursday. He slept most of the morning thursday, and I let him sleep through the night on wednesday just so he could get back to himself. He slept a TON, coughed a lot, and ran a low-grade fever... but thankfully, he is feeling much better.

As I had feared, Levi ended up getting a cold. He was kind of congested starting Saturday, and by this morning, he would only sleep if I held him upright, and he had a little cough. I called our pediatrician and they said they would want to see him. So, we trucked out this afternoon for that. Thankfully it is just a cold, but they do want me to watch him closely, as RSV has been rampant this year. I'm a little paranoid as well since last week we had some close friends who spent their week in the hospital with their 6 week old daughter who had pneumonia. No fun.

Today, I took a trip to the dr as well. Apparantley, after you have a baby, hemorrhoids are quite common. Yup.. so, after a rather um.. umcomfortable visit? I now have drugs for that. oh the joys....

So that's us.. all sick, or recovering from being sick....

On a brighter note we had a lovely weekend at Mike's parents house. We enjoyed time with family, and even let Grandma and Grandpa watch Levi and we enjoyed a walk around town, and watched the snowmobile races on the lake.. oh the fun things to do in small towns! :)

3 comments:

Liz K said...

so sorry about all the sickness...and the things they DON'T tell you will happen after you have a baby! Hope you all heal up soon!

Anonymous said...

oh no! I hope you are all feeling better soon. I'm glad to hear that Levi just has a cold. Definitely praying for it to stay just that and nothing more. My mom said she got to see him a few weeks ago and said he is quite a handsom guy. :)

Jessica said...

So sorry! Praying for a quick recovery for ALL of you!!