Some big changes have been happening here in our household. We've been praying and asking God to show us which path to take. We've made lots of decisions, but are feeling confident that the Lord is leading us.
A few weeks ago, I received a phone from my work asking me if I was on planning on returning based on some new criteria. I won't get into all of it, but the big one was giving up my home piano studio. I only have been teaching 2 days a week from home, but I really enjoy my home students. It's a different atmosphere, and one that I enjoy immensely. I told my boss, I'd think about it, and get back with her. Mike and I talked and prayed, and talked and prayed some more. We finally decided that it was time for me to leave my job. I called my boss and told her I would not be returning. It was a hard decision, but one we felt needed to be made.
Then, the phone calls began. I wanted to let my students know that I would not be returning. I called them, and spoke with each of them, and in turn, told them that I would be teaching out of my home, and if they would like, they could come take lessons from me here. Mike and I began praying that God would open doors, that students would come, because we knew I was taking a gamble to leave.
The phone calls came, and all but 3 students (and 2 who were on scholarship) have decided to continue taking lessons from me at home. Maybe a day or so after we made the decision, I recived a message from a friend. Her studio was full and she was wondering if she could pass along my name as another possibility for students and parents.
God is providing, and we see that every day as I work on my studio.
I have all but 5 slots full with teaching Monday-Thursday 3:30-7.
I'm actually teaching less, and will be making more money.
We are excited about this new venture, and can sense God leading us down this new road. We've seen him providing for us already, and know that He will continue to do just that.

4 comments:
Very good blog. Success for you.
Isn't it fun to see God work?!?! :) Praise HIM for His blessings when we follow in faith! :)
Jen! How exciting! That is wonderful! Will be praying God brings students! Does that mean you get to be home all the time with Levi?
i'm so happy for you, jen. what a great opportunity. (i've always secretly wanted to teach piano at home; i'm happy to live vicariously through you!)
Post a Comment