13 September, 2009

chompers

The kid has us stumped yet again.

We're not sure if he is teething or possibly another ear infection? He has pulled and tugged on his ears all day long today. He is incredibly fussy and does not want to be put down at all. We're not sure if it's one or perhaps both of the aforementioned troubles?

It makes getting things done seem impossible, and all of this on the eve of the first full week I will be teaching at home. Not to mention the probably 3 bushels of tomatoes I have sitting in my kitchen.. any takers on that? Maybe the canning fairy will come overnight? What do you think my odds are? It's almost 10 and I finally feel like the house is in "decent" shape for company and lessons tomorrow. Let's hope we can keep that way until tomorrow evening.

So mama's.. what do you do when your kid doesn't want to be put down? I have a sling, but I think I may need a different one? Levi is not interested in being on my hip at all. He wants to be forward facing all of the time. I tell ya, this kid is going to be into everything when he gets moving. He is basically army crawling everywhere, and wants to stand up constantly. He's a mover, there's no doubt about it. Anyway.. any thoughts out there in blogger world? I can't stand listening to him scream while I'm trying to get things done....

4 comments:

Jessica said...

The Ergo Baby carrier was my life saver when Babolly was acting that way, or just when she wanted to be held (which was all the time) and I had stuff to do. I love having her on my back, and she loves looking around and just hanging out. You can borrow ours for a week or so to try it out if you want. Just let me know.

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

We have a Snugli that was a life saver when the kids were like that. Or, I'd just put them in their cribs, close the door, and put headphones on for a while. They'd usually cry themselves to sleep after a while. Hope you figure something out!

sonya said...

I hear the Ergo is great....and I'm thinking about getting one of those too! Serina knows of a few other great carriers, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head.

Liz K said...

I use(d)a wrap with both boys when they got to that stage. You can stick them on your back with just a simple piece of fabric. You can also swing the sling all the way around on your back. His tummy will be against your back, but he can look around and see lots of things. This is helpful for cooking because he isn't on your front! Oh, and I just got a call from a friend, she has more tomatoes for me! So I feel your pain sister!