oh my!
Last saturday we headed out to the berry patch. Mike, Levi, my mom, and I. My mom was pretty much the wrangler of Levi and we picked picked picked. Last year, we didn't get a chance to pick, so I was really looking forward to it. We spent maybe an hour, and picked around 30 lbs of berries. The rest of the day was spend, hulling, washing, and making jam. We always make freezer jam. It's too easy to not, if you ask me. Someday, I"ll be brave and try my hand at canning it, but I can't give up the ease factor of freezer jam, just yet. :)
All in all we have 18 pints of freezer jam, along with maybe 10ish? cups of frozen berries.
I love how the Lord provides us everything we need in due season. Thank you Jesus for the ability to pick and save the berries for use throughout the year!
1 comment:
Quick question... how much do you usually pay when you pick your own berries? We have a place about 20 mins from here that I'd like to go to and pick, but I didn't know what a good price to pick was. I can buy a pound of pre-picked strawberries at Aldi for $1.19 right now... is it a lot cheaper to pick them myself?
Post a Comment