............doing what we are able, by the grace of God, to the glory of God..........
30 August, 2010
in the midst...
just enjoying summer, enjoying our new home, enjoying sunshine, and enjoying the bountiful harvest we have been getting from our garden. we are up to our eyeballs in veggies from our garden, and i'm trying really hard to not complain, but rather, enjoy, the bounty that God has provided for us for the long winter months ahead. Every year, around this time, I think so much about the pioneer women, the load they carried of feeding their families through the winter, by preserving the harvest they had in the late summer. I can't imagine doing that, but I do feel a sense of accomplishment, of satisfaction, looking in my cupboards, knowing that we've been good stewards of what we've been given.. and that always feels like a job well done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment