Levi has been sick since early Friday morning. Or at least that's my theory. He didn't run a fever until late Friday afternoon. (Isn't that always the case?) His fever was decently high around 102. We had a rough night Friday, and Saturday morning he was extremely fussy. At first he had no fever, and then gradually, as the day progressed his fever went up. He woke up in the middle of his nap with a fever of 103. We got him calmed down, gave him some motrin, and got him back to sleep.
Mike and I started thinking about what was going on, and I started wondering...
ear infection?
He's had a few in the past, but never ran a fever. I started googling, and read that a cold is a precursor to ear infections, which he has\had. We started debating, walk-in, or no. We finally decided to go, because who wants their ear hurting like that for several days? We were afraid if we kept waiting it would only get worse, and I start working on Monday, which obviously would not be an ideal time to take him to the doctor. We took him to the medplus clinic, and they were fantastic with him! I was nervous just because they obviously aren't pediatricians, but the nurse was really great, as well as the dr. We were in and out of there in about a 1\2 hour. I told them my suspicions, and they took one look in his ears, and said.. yup, mama was right.
We had thought our copay for medplus was $50, but it was only $20. AWESOME, because that's what we would have paid to visit our pediatrician. The dr. wrote a Rx for Amoxicillin, and we drove quickly to Meijer. It was about 5:40, and the pharmacy closes at 6. We got in, got it filled, and the best part about Meijer is that they filled Amoxicillin for free, that,and they filled it ridiculously fast because they were about to close.
We were so thankful we went, and Levi slept like a rock last night.
Thank you scientists for mold! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment