It was 7:45, gloomy, and pouring rain. Up until this point in the morning, it had been fairly typical. Levi and I said goodbye to Papa, and he went out the door for work. A couple minutes passed, and as I glanced out the window, I noticed our van still sitting in the parking lot. I thought it was odd since Mike had left. I opened the window and yelled out, are you ok? I hear in reply.. uh, the van's not working, I'm pushing it back to the garage.
I grabbed a sweatshirt and shoes and ran outside to help Mike, because while it's no fun task, it's really NO fun in the rain. We got it back in the garage, said goodbye, and I headed inside.
I walk in the door, and there is Levi smiling at me, broadly. He says, "yummy chicken, mama"... to which I panic. in the 2 minutes or so before I headed outside, I had grabbed chicken out of the freezer to start thawing\cooking for dinner tonight. I left it on the counter in my haste to go help Mike outside. Levi had helped himself to raw chicken.
yes that's right.
raw chicken.
I of course, remained calm. (HA!) I more or less and panicked and called Mike, whom to his credit, turned around and came home. I was meanwhile frantically brushing Levi's teeth, making him drink water\milk, and washing his hands. We weren't really sure what to do, I mean it's raw chicken, you hear HORRIBLE things about that. We decided to call the pediatrician's office. There was no dr in yet, so they directed us to poison control.
Poison control, said that, he was probably fine. He in fact, as far as we could tell didn't actually bite the chicken, he was just licking it. (cool, right?) He's also on amoxicillin as we were in the medplus station with him friday night. Anyway, they said he might have a tummy ache but that would be about it.
I'm happy to report it's been a good 11 1\2 hours and there seems to be no sign of raw chicken poisoning.
Thank you, Lord, for protecting Levi in small and big ways!
p.s. the van wasn't working because Mike let it run out of gas, which I guess if he's going to run out of gas, better the driveway, then the side of the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment