We've been incredibly busy the last couple of weeks, prepping for Vacation Bible School. We spent most nights last week at the chuch decorating, and starting Sunday, Mike began his "playing in the band" part of VBS. He's been gone every night since Sunday helping with the worship for the kiddos. Our VBS is in the evening at 6:30, and quite honestly starts to encroach a bit on our bedtime routine, but we've made it out 2 different nights now to see the opening.
To be honest, I've been cranky about this whole VBS thing. I'm tired, we've been so busy with everything, and I just am waiting for it to be over with. Being 6 months pregnant is not helping my attitude. I'm just beat. I miss my husband, Levi misses his Papa, and we're just ready to be back to normalcy around here.
Always the set up for God to whisper to your heart, right?
So, last night, after Mike left and Levi literally melted down over him leaving, I decided we'd go ahead and go see Papa play his guitar. I listened to the opening as the leader reviewed each God Point the kids have learned this week. As each God Point is declared, and the kids respond (or rather scream) in response with motion.. "Thank You, God"
These are the points for each night
God made You.
God listens to You.
God watches over You.
God loves You, no matter what.
God gives us good gifts.
As I watched and listened, my heart swelled at the thought of these kids learning deep biblical truths at a young age. That God made us, listens to us, watches us, LOVES us, and provides for us. What a blessing. A blessing we ALL needed to be reminded of. It's so easy to get caught up in the more "grown-up side" of biblical theology, but we all need to be reminded of the simple but profound truth that God made us... He made the 24 week old baby girl that is growing inside of me. He made HER... for HIS glory!!
What blessed my heart even more?
As the kids shouted for the unnteenth time "Thank You God" I realized that our precious 2 1\2 yr old son was now in on the action and motions, stating that very thing..
Thank you God
And all my heart could do is respond in the same way..
Thank You God.
1 comment:
aww i love it! that pandamania is a great vbs program...my kids loved it and learned from it. i got a copy of the music on cd and my girls love to sing all the great songs! glad you were blessed!
Post a Comment