because its good to keep it real, right?
today has been hard.
H.A.R.D.
My day started with phone calls to my students to let them know I would not be teaching today. We are all just fighting fighting fighting this cold\sickness, and I decided maybe it'd be best if we just stayed home, and got some rest. One of those phone calls resulted in a conversation where they told me they would be quitting lessons. Its quite a large chunk of money that we'll be losing out of our budget unexpectedly, so that was really frustrating.
Levi has been so sick with his pink eye bout and then this cold, he has been whiny\cry-ey for the last 2 weeks, and truthfully? I'm on my last nerve. Then today, he took a 40 minute nap.. 40 minutes.... this is not long enough for our little boy, so then he was cranky, and tired... awesome. Today I was so fed up that I finally told him that our bedroom was a nocry room, and if wanted to cry fine, but Mama was going to stay in our bedroom and if he came in there, he had to stop crying to enter. I keep telling myself it's because he's sick, but I'm just so done with the whineyness... and it doesn't help that I don't feel good myself.. which by the way I can take nothing for because I'm nursing...
Enter Ruby... who now is also sick, and basically refused to be put down at all today.
Tonight Mike went to leave for band rehearsal and the car won't start. This happened the other day and we thought maybe a door got left open a crack... so now instead of rehearsal, he's on his way into town to buy and install a new battery on our car... and he's sick too, but being a trooper for all of us here at home...
So that's where we are in the Youngman house.
sick. tired. struggling.
because it's good to keep it real sometimes.
2 comments:
Oh friend! Hang in there! Yes, somedays are worse than others. And then there are days when it gets better. Cut yourself some slack...you guys are still getting used to a new normal...Ruby is just a month old right? And Levi could just now be reacting to her...praying for you!
ugh, everyone has those days and they are NO FUN. And, Lord knows I know how it feels to have a winey 2 year old....and a baby! These are the days where you just do absoutly minimal to get you and your family through the day and leave the rest for another time. Toys on the floor, dishes in the sink...whatever. Tomorrow is a new day.
Post a Comment