So I'm just going to say it.
This winter has stunk.
yes. you read that right.
stink. stank. stunk. (can anyone guess that lyrical tune?)
I love winter, I love snow, sledding, hot cocoa, snowmen, ice skating, anything snow related. yup. I love it. We have gotten zero, and I do mean ZERO good snowstorms this winter. We've gotten a couple of inches here and there, but in terms of a good snowfall?
zilch. zero. nada.
While I know most people are elated about our "mild" winter... I've almost been more depressed. If it's going to be gloomy with no leaves on the trees and gray day after gray day... I would at least like some beautiful, sparkly, crystal-like snow to look at and play in. Even Levi keeps asking me where the snow is.... We bought him a sled for Christmas, and I think he's used it maybe 3 or 4 times total?
I keep hoping for our blizzard... and you know what? If it comes in April? I'll be thrilled and I"ll laugh in the face of all of the naysayers of winter this year... because you know what?
If it's hot and humid this summer and I didn't get one single good snowfall? I'm going to be grouchy about it. I shared that with a good friend, and she said, you can't do anything fun in the summer if it's not warm, and I told her that you can't do anything fun in the winter without snow.. so there.
Our sad but true reality? We have been to the park every single month at least one day since March of last spring... how sad is that? And we aren't going to the park to sled.. nope.. we're going to the park to swing and go down slides.. so very very sad.
Here's to a giant 18 inch blizzard.
I'm not picky on when.. just sometime before spring... please????
No comments:
Post a Comment