04 March, 2012

3 months!

Seriously, how is she 3 months old already? A couple of weeks ago we were at McDonalds for that infamous playland, and a woman said, oh is she about 3 months, and I wanted to cry.

really.

She doesn't look like an itty bitty anymore. I can't hold her in one arm, and now even strangers assume she isn't a newborn... *sniff* it goes so fast, and I feel like I'm appreciating these long, hard few beginning months more than I did with Levi. They went by quickly with him s well, but I don't think I savored those moments like I am with Ruby.

So.. at 3 months

--> She is a big time smile bug, which makes me smile. :)

--> I called it shady shifting with Levi.. I put her in one spot in her crib, and she's done a 180 when I come back later.

--> She has found her hands! She chews on them, sucks on them all of the time!

--> She's recently started enjoying her playmat. She reaches for the monkey and talks to it all the time.

--> She'll sit in her bumbo, but just for short periods of time.

--> Her sleeping habits have changed slightly, and I'm trying to determine if it's better or worse. She still goes down about 6:30, sleeps until midnight, and then sleeps until 5, nurses, real quickly at 5, more of a back to sleep nurse, and then sleeps til around 6:30.

--> She is still a TERRIBLE napper during the day. I call her my cat napper. She'll sleep 30-40 minute increments, and if I'm lucky I can get one 90 minute stretch out of her

--> She is at the tail end of her 3 month clothes. I just said to Mike this week that we would need to start switching them out soon.

--> She holds her head up really well during tummy time, but doesn't like it.

--> When on her back, she can roll onto her side, but can't quite get over that pesky arm.

--> On Feb. 19th, we had her dedicated to the Lord at church, a step that we as parents believe is important, and just want to say, Lord she's YOURS. Thank you for blessing us with the priviledge of raising her, and we'll do everything we can to bring her up to know and serve you with her whole heart. That is our prayer.

--> Mama spent her first significant time away from her last week, working from 8-6 for choir festival. Thankfully she took to the bottle like a pro, and I spent my day attached to a pump when I could.

We're lovin' on our little girl, no doubt.
Though, I realized I wasn't very good at pictures month. Hopefully we'll do better next month :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

she is precious!

The Scott Household said...

She is absolutely adorable.
We must meet this precious girl soon! Playdate at the park sometime?