03 August, 2013

Toddler Bed

My sweet baby girl is 20 months old, and, as we did with Levi at this age... we moved her to a toddler bed.

Heaven help us.I forgot how hard the transition is.

 As of right now, it's 6:12 am
We've been up since 4:30 with Ruby.

yup.

Shockingly I've only had one cup of coffee. Though another one is definitely forthcoming.

It's time for the move for a variety of reasons. Our house is strangely fashioned, but Ruby has basically been living in this strange room\hall like area of our bedroom. It's worked fine, but we wanted to move her upstairs with Levi. We were going to move in 2 parts. Adjust her to the toddler bed, and then move her upstairs with Levi, but we (read, I, on a crazy moving whim one day) decided to just do it in one foul swoop.

Ruby and Levi are currently sharing a room. That part is going okay, and I think that Levi is sleeping better. He has been the only one sleeping upstairs for over a year, and I think he got lonely up there, and often came downstairs in the night into our bed. He's been sleeping really well since the move for which I'm thankful. Ruby sleeps okay, and for the most part, actually lays down easily, but she is waking up crazy early. I'm not sure how to fix the early part yet because putting her to bed later doesn't help.... :/ I suppose time will help, though I'm not holding my breath because we just seem to have children who like to get up early.

The other part of the equation, is simply space. I want to turn Ruby's strange little hallway room into a classroom for Levi for school this year. That's the next project. Figure out how to turn a small space into a functioning learning area for Levi. I'm excited to do it, but a little overwhelmed. I look online and everything I find A) requires that you have $1000 to go drop at a Ikea B) you have a HUGE room to outfit... neither of which we have. We'll figure it out, though, I do think we might make a trip to Ikea over the whole thing.

1 comment:

Paula said...

If Mike is pretty handy, maybe you could go to Ikea for ideas and he could modify them to fit what you need.
As for sleeping, I've heard that if you put kids to bed earlier, they'll sleep longer. I haven't tested it myself though.