25 June, 2014

Miss Maisie at 2 months

Maisie girl
How you are 2 months, I have no idea. 2 months feels like you are not a newborn anymore, and that makes me a little sad. I still like to refer to you in "weeks" because it doesn't make you seem as old, but in reality, you have been here for 2 whole months already! 

At 2 months you
  • weigh in at 11lbs 10oz, 22.5 in. 
  • are a good little sleeper, at least at night. You give us a good stretch from about 7-3, and a couple of times have pushed it until 4:30. The first time that happened Papa and I jumped out of bed to check on you. 
  • when you sleep, you do that shuffle and move thing so you're kind of sideways, and normally have an arm sticking out of the bassinet.
  • are not a good sleeper during the day. You want to sleep on me, fall asleep nursing, or sleep in the swing. None of these are stellar habits, and yet, I struggle to break them, because I'm just too busy and tired to try to figure out how to do so without listen to you cry and cry, and I just don't want to do that. 
  • will talk when someone talks to you... it melts my heart. every. single. time. see exhibit A (and ignore my cheesy mama baby voice) :)
  • smile, though I've yet to catch it on camera or video, but I will! :)
  • still have dark hair, but I feel like its' getting lighter, and this makes me sad... I hope it stays, but my hope is fading
  • survived your first road trip (or rather we survived). We went to Grandma and Grandpas house and you did really well. We had to stop to feed you, but other than that, you were stellar, and really, less trouble than the 2 bigs in the back. 
  • another first for you, was attending a funeral. Your great grandma passed away on May 27, and we celebrated her life, on what would have been her 83rd birthday, June 4. I wish you could have known her, baby girl, she would have LOVED you. How do I know that? because she loved her grand kids with her whole heart, and I know she would have loved you just as much. 
  • you are generally pretty laid back, maybe that's because we threw you in the car, and we kept moving. I hear that's what happens as you have more kids ;) but trying to keep up with Levi and Ruby is pretty exhausting, see? 

  • Hold up your head really well, though, tummy time is not your favorite activity



  • We also celebrated fathers day. I managed to get a fairly decent picture of the 3 of you together and framed it for Papa for the day. Thankfully your big brother managed to not drop you. ;)   


  •  oh, and your chubby cheeks just about kill me every single day. 




Oh sweet Maisie girl, we love you more than you'll ever know, and we pray that the Lord will raise you up to be a servant for Him. 
We love you.



No comments: