19 September, 2014

Maisie at 5 (and 4) months



First up... I'm sorry, baby, I failed at logging your life at 4 months...  I really kept meaning to do it, but something else always needed to be done, and then it just felt kind of silly to log 4 months when you were almost 5, so here we are... doing both. I promise to not forget to buy you a babys first christmas ornament... you can ask your Auntie A about that one.

So, at 4 months...

  • we FINALLY got naps squared away..  that was a HUGE blessing.
  • At 3 1\2ish months you started rolling over. It was quite entertaining because one morning we woke up to you on your belly, which was a little strange that you started rolling from your back to your belly first, but you did. You rolled that way for maybe a week or so before flipping from tummy to back. You are still better at rolling from your back to your tummy than the other way around.
  • I know this picture is from 4 months, and I can't believe how much you've changed in a month! 
    • (p.s. your big sister loves you a LOT!)


I don't remember much else because I didn't write a lot down and well... I have no good excuses, other than, things like keeping everyone fed, clean, and clothed, often take precedence to writing about your little life... I'm sorry.

At 5 months..


  • You are sleeping about the same as you have been. You go to bed around 7 and will sleep anywhere 7- 12-4ish.. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. For the record, sleeping til 4 is much preferred, if I get a say in the matter.
  • You have found your hands. They are in your mouth all of the time. My favorite part of this discovery, is that you hold your hand up to your face, and wave at yourself, like you're beginning to process that it is in fact attached to you... it cracks me up everytime! I love it.
  • We did our first BIG zoo trip, trekking to the Fort Wayne Zoo which was a wonderful day. You spent most of it in a carrier, next summer I'm sure you'll love the zoo just as much as your brother and sister. 

  • Also, I would just like to put in my bid that you will be left handed, because you've started sucking on your left hand, and my experience has been that whatever hand you start doing more with in the beginning becomes your dominant hand. I'm surprised we don't have a left handed kiddo yet since both your Papa and I are left handed.
  • You have become a bit of a rolling machine and just kind of roll around on the floor until you run into something that won't allow you to roll further.
  • Your belly laugh makes me smile every. single. day. Please always do this, mk?

  • My guess is you weigh around 15-16lbs these days, though I'm not sure, I haven't checked recently.
  • You nurse about every 3-4 hours and you will not take a bottle... this is of great distress to this Mama who is going back to work these days... I guess you'll adjust, or be hungry?
  • You can kind of tripod sit up, though it's not your favorite activity.
  • You have started enjoying your exersaucer a little bit here and there.
  • You babble and talk all of the time, often mimicking the sounds that we make to you. so sweet.
Regardless of our busyness and the crazy of dragging you everywhere, you are the happiest little girl, and rarely fuss, except if Mama is nearby and someone else is holding you. We love you sweet girl, I can't believe you've been here for 5 months already!

We love you!




No comments: