We've had an interesting couple of weeks. The first week of January, Mike spent out in California. I missed him terribly, being home by yourself, is about the most boring event ever! I also learned that I'm a HUGE wimp!! I lived on my own for 2 years after college, before getting married. 1 week of my husband being gone and I hated it. I hated coming home late at night in the dark, I hated going to bed by myself. Funny how a few years can change things like that. It was good for me though.
Mike enjoyed his class immensely! He had the opportunity to study under Dallas Willard, a well-known philosopher of the modern church, and also a professor at USC. He was finally able to meet his cohorts from class. The name they've given each other. It was a blessing for him to meet those he has come to love through his classes. He has had these last couple of weeks off which has been a true blessing. Its hard to balance working, school, and being husband and wife, so these last couple of weeks, we have definitely vegged out and enjoyed just being together with no agenda. Mike will start his next set of classes in about a week or so. The more he is in the program, the more we see that this is where God wants us to be. We really sense His leading in it, and Mike is really growing through these classes.
I (Jen) am keeping busy with teaching, however this month has been really light due to scheduling at the symphony. Next week, I start up again full-swing and won't get much of a break until April. Festival season is coming up which is crazy for me. It is my busiest time of year, and while I love that, and I really love what I do, I spend a lot of time on the road, and a lot of time with extra rehearsals, so Mike and I don't see as much of each other. It is good though, and I always enjoy this time of year, no matter how insane it gets!!
We are FINALLY starting to get involved in our church. We've been kind of on the brink for a while. We started attending a new church over the summer. We spent the summer investigating the church, and then decided that we wanted to start getting involved. Right about then, we found out we were pregnant. So, those plans kind of changed. We didn't want to over commit ourselves. Mike got involved, but I hung out in the wings. When we lost the baby in November, we really didn't want to be involved and hung low and just took time to be together, and begin the healing process. So, finally we are again to the point where we feel like we can get involved, and really looking forward to that opportunity. Mike has been playing his bass guitar in the band, and I'm going to start getting involved in the first service. After speaking with the music pastor, we decided that I would be better suited for the first service because I can read music, while the 2nd service plays more by ear and chord charts, which I enjoy doing, but more people can do that, than can read music. We are also going to be getting involved in a community group, which is a small group of people that you can get to know. Its kind of up to you what your group becomes, but it will be interesting to see where that leads.
We are just chugging along, praying for God's will in our lives as Mike takes these classes, and as we begin to again consider having a family. Its such a huge leap of faith to head down that road again. Our views of pregnancy have forever been altered. We will never look at it like we did the first time. I will never be blissfully naive about pregnancy again. In fact, I dare say, that seeing those "2 lines" will never be an act of joy, but the beginning of worry. However, we know that God says that the days are planned before us, and that we should not worry about tomorrow.
We are trusting that this is God's will for us. For whatever reason, He chose this path for us, and we are doing our best to trust Him in that, and glorify God through it. I think we are both beginning to realize that this will forever be a part of who we are as a couple. I couldn't be more thankful for the friends and family that have supported us, and continue to support us through this time. We choose to press on, and continue the race, knowing that God has a plan for us individually, and as a couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment