23 September, 2008

political rantings

Normally I avoid all things political on my blog..
it's easier that way.. I have my opinions, you have yours,
and I don't see much point in debating them....
however...

I am so tired of all of this bail-out by the government. While, I know I don't understand all that happens and the inner-workings of stocks and trade etc etc, I DO know that there are THOUSANDS of hard working Americans that invest literally everything they have to start up a business, but don't have the capital to wait for 5 years for it to turn black for them....

It bothers me that just because these big companies are deemed "important enough" by the government, they get bailed out. And why some companies and not others? Why AIG, but not Lehman Brothers?
In the last week, I've seen 2 small businesses go down in Jackson....no one is bailing them out. Mike and I do our absolute best to buy from small locally owned businesses, but we can only do so much. I firmly believe in their value and importance in the economy. I just feel frustrated for the little guy...they are the ones who will lose everything they have and I certainly don't see the government deeming their business worthy of saving....

And worse yet, we, the tax payer, have to foot the bill for this outrageous trillion dollar bail out....


and while i'm at it... do me a favor and vote..... i dont' care what your political views are, but in my opinion this is one of the most important elections we will have as a country, not to mention historically significant election...

we have a republican woman running for vice president,
and a democratic black man running for president....
that, folks, is history in the making....
alright, that's my political post of the year... :)

No comments: