i've just been mulling over my trip to DC and back on Friday and just wanted to share some highlights and blessings, albeit not the day I had planned on.
1) On the way to D.C. i sat next to the absolute nicest women. We talked about her grandkids, Peyton Emily and Tyler Nicholas, and how she was a live in granna to them. She was such a sweet Grandma, and was a great woman who calmed this mama's nervousness of leaving Levi at home. I leave him every day for work, but something about leaving him and flying to another part of the country is a different story.
2) I was really amazed at the sincerity of people. Being stuck in the airport really collectively bonds a group of people. As each of us headed to the counter we were all cheering them on, hoping they were able to get to their destination. There was the couple coming home from Maui, working on getting home... Day #3.. There was the older lady who was traveling with her sweet cat to a cat show and got stranded in the airport, going on 20 hours. There was the soldier who was coming home from Iraq for a funeral... there was an older couple trying to get to new york to visit their daughter for the weekend.... the guy who was trying to get to Detroit to watch the Spartans play in the Final 4 with some friends....the list went on. It was heart-warming to see people really care about those they would never see again.
3) I was blessed to keep my wits about me. I had never flown by myself, so I was a touch nervous about it. When things started going wrong, I just kept praying that God would give me wisdom to know what to do. and a side note to that...
I was talking with my mom yesterday and she said... what time did you think to run to that gate to see if you could get on that flight? I told her is about 6 and she said.. your dad and i were sitting down to dinner and I prayed that the Lord would give you wisdom as to what to do.. just so neat, that God cares about little things like being stuck in airports.
4) Levi was watched by great friends and he was really good for them. I had pumped as much as I could before I left, but I was pretty sure he would end up having formula. For whatever reason, Levi didn't eat as much as he normally does, and we had exactly enough milk for him, and he never had to have formula. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to formula, he has had it here and there, but just another unexpected blessing.
5) I ended up talking with a really nice lady while I was waiting to board my flight.. turns out she lives in Napoleon, about a 10 minute drive from where we live. So, we just enjoyed general banter about our hometown, which felt so nice after being gone all day.
6) The biggest blessing? I was able to get home. I know that sounds crazy, but just hearing people say they had been stuck in that airport for several days, and that I was able to get out in about 14 hours was such a blessing.
2 comments:
oh I am so glad you had enough milk for Levi! I understand about the whole formula thing, but so nice that it worked out the way it did!
so glad you were able to see the blessings in your long day. thanks for sharing them! and glad you had enough milk for levi! :)
Post a Comment