21 April, 2009

wearing orange...

Time to fess up, I read blog's of people I do not know.

when I began blogging, I never dreamed it could be a world where you can shoulder people's concerns, pray for others, and learn some really interesting things along the way. I find myself drawn into people's lives, people's stories, often of people I've never met or will ever meet.

take for instance. this family. I don't even know anymore how I came upon this blog; I'm sure from clicking here and clicking there. But, I've become entranced by this woman, her faith, her family, and her son, Stellan. You see, her son, Stellan when he was in her womb, was given a prognosis that he would not live. He has something called SVT. It's basically where his heart beats twice as fast as it should at any given moment.
She began sharing her story from her heart, and her faith, that the Lord would do something great, and Stellan's story spread. Bracelets were made, people prayed, and it started a movement that Stellan WILL live, whether it was on earth or in heaven. Well, Stellan was born and lived. Praise God, He is a happy 5 month old baby.

Stellan still has lots of heart issues, and today, after several weeks in a hospital and then being air lifted to Boston, Stellan is having surgery on his precious little heart. So, Jennifer, believing in the power of prayer, has asked people to pray, and I truly believe thousands of people are praying for this special little boy that we have never met. The surgery is risky and has only been performed a handful of times on babies this young. He has been in surgery since early this morning. Somewhere in the process of Stellan being scheduled for surgery today a blog follower suggested that in honor of Stellan and to say that we are praying for him, that people wear Orange.(Orange is Jennifer's favorite color.)

So today, Levi and I are wearing orange, at least we were until he spit up all over himself and me. I firmly believe that Stellan's life will bring God glory, and people will come to know HIM, all because a woman had enough faith, and enough courage, to begin sharing her story from her heart.

1 comment:

sonya said...

I read other peoples blogs that I don't know, too...I'm not sure what it is about it? Some people are just THAT interesting and draw you into their lives and situations. You're very cute for wearing orange, here's a prayer sent for him too. :)