20 April, 2009

wonderful weekend.

Sorry I've been MIA, just not much happening around here, normal boring every day stuff. I don't think you really want to hear about laundry, do you?

However, we had an absolutely wonderful weekend!

Friday night we enjoyed an evening at home, just hanging out as a family, which doesn't happen to often, so that was really nice.

Saturday morning, I had to go play for solo and ensemble festival. I was out the door and headed to a nearby town for one student. Truth be told, I was a bit grumbly about the situation, because I had agreed to do it when the director told there would be 6 events, and it dwindled to 1, which meant less pay, and over an hour of driving. However, it did leave the rest of the day free which was nice. I was home by 11.

Have you ever heard of mom2mom sales? It's basically a HUGE flea market of mom's selling kid stuff. Anyway, most of them are east of where we live, and I've never had the time to really drive over to them. However, they are finally moving into our area. Saturday after I got home, we headed out to one and were able to get Levi several clothes for the summer which was nice.

Saturday the weather was beautiful! So, we planned our first picnic of the year. I called my parents, April and Brian, and the picnic was in the works. We headed out for our first dinner at the lake. We ate in style with hot dogs and brats on the grill, and lots of munchies. We went for a walk afterwards, Kady and Bella, the dogs, swam in the lake, Brian fly fished, and we had a really wonderful time.

Back in December we had purchased tickets for Mike's parents and us to see the Lion King at the wharton center. It was their christmas present. Yesterday we headed up for the show and it was just spectacular. We saw it 4 years ago when it was here, and just enjoyed it immensely. As musicians, Mike and I appreciate live theatre perhaps in a way that others don't. It was just incredible. The music, the actors, the dancing, everything was just really phenomenal.

so that was our weekend. and if you read all of that.. here are some pictures from our picnic at the park. :)











4 comments:

Liz said...

The pictures of Levi are absolutely precious Jen!! He's getting so big already...:)

Rebecca said...

wow, that does sound like a great weekend! love the pics of levi...he's adorable and getting so big.

i got my mei tai on ebay from little rubi. if you type in little rubi mei tai, they will come up. i'm not for sure if she's on etsy or not. hope this helps!

Liz K said...

you are looking great my dear! Way to go! And that kid of yours is pretty cute too!

Jessica said...

I love Levi's little wrinkled up forehead in the first pic! :) And the Mom2Mom sale sounds awesome! I can't wait for garage sales this summer too!