we have been continually blessed throughout these last 2 weeks. it blows us away everytime.
each time,
we feel like God is just saying I'm here,
and I'm going to take care of you.
last week, I had a particularly rough rehearsal, mostly my own fault as I was woefully unprepared for it. I've got a few things happening right now, and practicing is definitely not on the top of the list. anyway, i came home and there was a huge box waiting for me at the door filled with presents for all 3 of us, from some very very dear friends. they are all wrapped with strict instructions to wait until christmas, which is fun but i'm kind of like a 5 year old about presents, so i keep holding them and trying to figure out what's in them. :)
yesterday, my mom called in the afternoon and said.
santa came by our house and you need to come over.
mike stopped off on his way home from work for me. he came home with more presents, and gift cards. in the past 3 days, we have received $250 in gift cards to meijer. our grocery budget for a month is $300. i don't think that's coincidence. i think, no scratch that, i KNOW that that again it's God saying, i'm here, and i'm taking care of you.... again, more bags filled with presents for all of us, and in particular a HUGE present which was a fisher price laugh and learn kitchen which i've been looking at getting levi for a while. because of that, i think it's somebody that knows us well, and honestly, i have NO idea who it is, but we are so incredibly thankful for the Lord working through other people's lives and showing His love through them...
one more. :)
last night mike said, so ben called today. ben and his wife are good friends of ours and have been in our small group bible study for i don't even know how long. ben and his family run their own small business. anyway, ben called and offered mike a part-time, temporary, 4 days a week, 8-5 job, basically until mike can find a permanent job. money wise it would almost dead even (just a little under) what mike makes right now. praise God, huh?
which leads us to this... do we move? can we make it work here? we had been praying that if the Lord would see fit, to allow us out our lease. Well He certainly did, and He certainly provided us that opportunity. But now we wonder should we move. We would be living on an EXTREMELY tight budget if we stayed here, which we do most of the time anyway. It's a balancing act, most of the winter we spend saving saving saving so when I don't work in the summer we're okay and we would not be able to save as much by staying here..
So we're weighing our options and continuing to pray that the Lord would give us discernment as we make decisions through all of this.
3 comments:
I love to hear stories like this! It's amazing the ways God will provide if you really trust Him. I'm praying for you and your family!
I had to wipe the tears away on this one. God is doing amazing things!! Love you guys!!
so happy God is giving you a glimmers of hope in all of this.
Now, the discernment part of it all....the toughest thing (for me anyhow). Praying for clarity.
Post a Comment