for your protection!
This morning, I bundled Levi and I up and we headed to church. We live maybe a 1\2 mile from our church. We headed out, the roads were snowy but didn't seem slick. We got up to the church, I hit my brakes to turn into the church... and
WHAM.
I felt us start to spin. Before I knew what happened, the back end of the car was spinning towards the right. All I could do was pray..
"Lord, protect us!"
I started pumping the brakes... and we slid to a stop. We did a 180 in the road, before coming to a stop on the opposite of the road. When I regained my composure, I got us turned around, and I realized then how close we were to the ditch. The back passenger tire was maybe 6 inches? from the point of no return on the ditch that definitely would have required a tow truck.
Thank you Lord for keeping us safe this morning!
2 comments:
Scary!! Glad you guys are all right!
Last week I was driving out of our neighborhood to do some errands with Sophia. I knew the roads were slick, and was going extremely slow (15mph?) and attemped to stop VERY early before the stop sign to the busy street. Except-- my car did not stop. I pumped the breaks with no luck and panicked. Jesus had his eyes on us that day, because no cars were coming from either direction and I was able to just "keep going" and turned onto the busy street with no problems. Seriously, could have been disasterous. Thank God you were ok too!
Post a Comment