30 June, 2011

a good morning at the zoo

I've been itching to take Levi back to the Zoo. We had such a great time the last time we went. Looking at our calendar for July has me rather depressed. Every weekend but 1 is booked, not with bad things, just stuff going on. After asking around for a couple of days to find someone to go with us (because it's just more fun with a grown up to talk with) I couldn't find anyone, so I decided to brave it alone today.

Levi and I trucked out of the house around 8:45 this morning, and arrived blissfully early at the zoo. It was us and the zoo trainers. (note to self: always go this early) We had a great time wandering around looking at everything, we looked mostly at the monkeys which Levi really loved. Around 10:30, the zoo really picked up in busyness. Levi was starting to get tired, and I wanted to make it home before nap time, so we left to head home around 11.

It was a *perfect* morning. Levi was great, he listened well, and we just had a good time together. The zoo was not busy, and today I was SO thankful for the family pass we received as a Christmas gift. When he got tired, we headed home. Even though we'd only been there for maybe an hour and a half, and hadn't even seen the "africa" part of the zoo yet, I knew there would be another day for that. So, we left... we said, bye, bye, zoo... and headed out. No tantrums, no screaming, just see ya later zoo, because I knew we would definitely be coming back again.

So thankful for these special moments that I can spend with Levi this summer, as next summer will have an entirely different feel with a family of 4.

No comments: