29 July, 2011

I've never felt overwhelmed by water. I've never worried about it, nor have I ever even considered how it must feel to be those who live along the mississippi river as the snow begins to melt or anything like that.

Today that changed.

This morning we woke up and we saw this...


These were taken from our house, the water has actually receded quite a bit since when we first saw it. It was maybe up another 10 ft. towards the house around 7 this morning.








Mike went out to investigate, to find that in the northeast corner of the property the water was a full 18 inches, and ranged down to around 12. After looking around for a while, I said, you know we should check the crawl space and we found 6-8 inches of water underneath the house. Now that is disconcerting.

I've been in touch with our landlord and they are going to send someone over to pump out the water, but they have a whole slew of properties that need to be pumped out, so I imagine it'll be a while before they show up here. I don't even want to think about the mold\mildew that could show up from this.

It's been a rough morning.

No comments: