Ruby is doing really really well.
At just over a week old she is a serious sleeping champion. She often gives us one good 4 hour stretch at night. I feel great sleep wise on that. That's normally followed up by about a 2 hour stretch and another 2-3 hour stretch, but that puts us directly into 6 or so which is when we get up for the day, or earlier depending on our early early morning kiddo who this morning crawled into bed with us at 5:20.
At her drs. appointment on Thursday she was back to 8lbs 8oz, so closing back in on her birth weight.
She is a nursing champ, she was out of the gate, and has continued to be so for me, which is such a blessing as well. Levi was such a hard nurser, it's nice that it's easier this time around. (but maybe it's just that i'm experienced this time)
Levi seems to be handling the change fairly well. The first couple of days he didn't want me to snuggle him at all, only Mike, but he's okay with Mama snuggles now. He seems semi-interested in her, but for the most part doesn't do too much with her. He asks to hold her now and then, and if you ask him about her he'll say two things
Baby Ruby... we got her from the hospital!
Baby Ruby... she drinks milk.
In exciting events we had a birthday party for her at home. We had told Levi that it was going to be Ruby's birthday, well in a 2 yr olds mind that means one thing... CAKE! So, Saturday morning, Mike and Levi made a cake and the frosting from the scratch and we threw a small birthday party for her (mostly for Levi) :)
This week will be a busy one for us. I've known this was coming for a long time, but I will be working and playing for some Christmas concerts this week. I have 3 Christmas concerts to play for, as well as rehearsals to attend. I'm thankful that each one is only about a 1-2 hour commitment, and for the rehearsals I'll take Ruby with me. Mike will stay home with both Levi and Ruby for the concerts. It's going to be a hard week in that realm, but we knew when we found out I was pregnant that we would be up against this week.
The directors have been more than accomadating and have really worked with me to keep rehearsals to a minimum. I'm thankful for that, and thankful for their willingness to still hire me when they could easily find someone else who could be there for longer or for more rehearsals.
Back to real life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment