16 March, 2012

ni-night, levi!

Levi LOVES and I do mean LOVES his ni-night. It all started innocently enough. He slept with a blanket, I dutifully rotated blankets because I didn't want him to become attached to one blanket. (that makes me a good parent, right?)

When he was around 15 months old, I tried laying him down with a different blanket for a nap one day. He threw it on the floor, grabbed a blanket, brought it to me and said.. "ni-night, mama"... and that was it...

the ni-night was born

Well, over the past 2 years, this beloved ni-night has been slowly falling apart. You see it was a handmade beautiful flannel quilt. One particular piece of fabric had ripped in every spot it had been used in. Well, because Levi is my particular little boy, he hated the "rippers" as he called them.. We turned the blanket every which way as the "rippers" began to take over, but eventually we were out of "turning" options. well, it got so bad that he started wrapping another blanket over his ni-night to cover the rippers.. (another flannel blanket, on my kid who already sleeps super hot)

Today, Levi had the opportunity to go the home of the woman who made his blanket, and together.. they fixed his rippers.

see the color difference? i couldn't believe she still had the fabric she had used over 3 years ago when she made his beloved "ni-night"



the finished product





I have a very happy boy on my hands.

2 comments:

Liz K said...

how funny! Glad you got some help fixing it!

Tori said...

Cute. Jacob has a cuddly that started life as a baby wrap. 3.5 years later there isn't much left of that muslin, but it is still loved to pieces - literally!