18 April, 2012

Coconut Oil

Have you heard of Coconut Oil?

It looks like THIS

You can buy it pretty much anywhere, I even found it at Meijer.

Anyway, We've been doing a lot of reading on more whole\natural foods etc, and this is one of the new things we've been trying. It's kind of a mystery to me. It's a solid up until a certain temp, then it turns to a liquid oil. It's very bizarre, but really easy to use. I've used it mostly for cooking, but I've read you can use it for a myriad of household uses.

Which leads me to this post. Ruby had a TERRIBLE diaper rash from her amoxicillin. I was trying all of the creams etc, and wasn't getting anywhere fast. The Lord prompted me to think of coconut oil, and a quick google search indicated that I wasn't crazy. I started using it on Ruby, and literally in 12 hours, the rash was gone! GONE!

She recently had another flare up (I'm wondering if it's something I'm eating) and I used it again and it worked like a charm. I now have a small tupperware container on the changing table with it! I've also read that it's compatible with cloth diapers. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet though. Maybe I will.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

coconut oil is so awesome and has so many great uses. you can use it with cloth diapers. you can put some in the wash with them. and you can put coconut oil in your wipes solution. LOVE it!