26 April, 2012

Sick

Ahhh. the joys of parenthood. The kids were in bed, Mike and I were enjoying the quiet when we heard it..

 *hack, hack, cough, sputter... and SCREAMING*

 We didn't even have to see.. we knew the sound. Levi had thrown up in bed. It was 10pm. Over the next hour and a half he threw up 3x. By 8 yesterday morning he had thrown up 7 times. He spent most of the day on the couch, sleeping.

He would wake up for maybe 10 minutes at a time, where I tried to convince him to take a sip of Gatorade or some Tylenol.  My noon, his fever was around 103, and he was refusing to take Tylenol. I decided to let it ride provided it didn't get to high.  Finally, around 3, he woke up DRENCHED in sweat, and talking a mile a minute.

My baby boy was back. 

He fought the rest of the fever off the rest of the day, and we had a full night of sleep last night. I've done probably 15 loads of laundry since it all began, and I've used our handy lysol to spray down every surface I can.

 We're praying and believing that this bug will pass and noone else will get it.

No comments: