30 August, 2012

piano


FULL.

You have no idea how much of a blessing that word is to me today.  If you would have told me a year ago that I would lose 11 piano students within the next year, I would have laughed at you. 


really. I would have. I couldn't have even imagined what that would look like.


11. Just to give you some stats on that number. 11 students a week brings into our family income $198\week, $792\month.  I'll let you do the math from there, and really, I never imagined that it would happen. Piano teaching is often cyclical, and it just so happened that the cycle happened at all once. It was hard to lose that many students and really wonder where on earth I was going to get more, especially in this economy. 


then....

one of my dearest and best friends husband got a new job and she told me they were moving. 

MOVING. 


I'm not really ready to even talk about her leaving yet, because I get teary just typing those words, and well... I'm just not ready to say goodbye to her yet, but in, (literally) a miraculous turn of events, she basically handed me her entire piano studio because of the move. 


I got several calls in the spring from her students asking if I would have availability. Truth be told, I had no idea that I would, but I told them all I would contact them in the fall, and figured I could always work more and we'd figure it out. But then.. one by one, my students quit for various reasons, and one by one, I filled up my studio with new (to me!) piano students. 


Seriously, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm so very thankful today, for the Lord providing for our needs, even when it means I have to say goodbye to a dear friend. 


I am beyond thankful today for both an amazing friend, whom I will miss dearly, and a full piano studio. 


All GLORY to God.

1 comment:

laurcat said...

That's amazing!! Glad to hear you're doing so well!