13 February, 2013

Ruby at 14 months


My sweet Ruby,

Mama is a few days late, but you, my sweet girl, are 14 months old these days. I still have zero idea how that  has happened.

At 14 months you...
--> Are learning new words all the time... your words include Hi, Bye, Mama, Papa, Please, More, Eat, Drink, you use signs with all but mama and papa. I really need to get a good video of you jabbering away, because it really is like you are talking, it's just that I can't understand you.
--> Are developing a bit of a temper, and like to throw fits when you don't get your way. Oh silly girl.... this  means that timeouts are now in your life.
--> Have several teeth now, I"m not even sure how many. You have all but one of your molars, though it's right under the surface and I imagine it will be up soon.
--> Have crazy hair. It's too short to pull up, but too long to not look weird, I guess. I don't know, just different from boy hair, so it's just crazy all the time.
--> Still take 2 naps a day, though the morning one seems to be getting shorter.
-->  Go to bed around 6 and sleep until around 6 each morning. You, more and more, sleep consistently all the way through the night. Mama thanks you for that.
--> Are still nursing, though not much anymore, nursing, most days, just in the morning, and again at night.
--> Favorites still include bath time, books, and more and more you like to try to wear other clothes you find, or you'll turn something into a hat, necklace etc. It's amazing to me how much this boy\girl stuff is different.
 --> Love following your brother around, enjoy playing with him, and even playing hide and seek with him. It makes me laugh, every. single. day.

I'm so thankful for you my baby girl. You bless our lives each and every day.




No comments: