............doing what we are able, by the grace of God, to the glory of God..........
03 April, 2014
38 weeks and counting
Oh, little one, we love you so so much, and we can not wait to meet you. I always feel like there is a point where you just reach being done, kind of akin to cooking a turkey, but longer. I'm there. I feel ready, my body just feels done. I keep asking Mike if I felt this way with the others, because I honestly don't remember, and I feel like it's worse this time, but that could just be my hormonal 38 week pregnant self talking, I don't know.
Our "stuff" is about as ready as we're going to get. The bassinet is up, a few pinks\blues are washed to take to the hospital, changing table\dresser is ready to go, car seat installed. I suppose the only thing left to pack is my bag. ;) There is a plan in place for the bigs, and I think that's everything.
2 weeks from tomorrow is our scheduled C. Right now, 2 weeks seems like an ETERNITY. I told Mike yesterday that I'm longing for it be at 39 weeks like he originally suggested. I'm working next week, and it will be busy, so that will definitely help. I teach Monday, have a Tuesday AM commitment, lessons Tuesday PM, school all day on Wednesday, lessons, and church in the evening, recital for my students on Thursday, and Friday a well child for Levi, an ear check up for Ruby, and a haircut for Mama. Saturday I work at an elementary choral music festival.. and then.......... I'm DONE. :) Cutting it close? Maybe, but I've been over with the others and I'm just not worried, though I would LOVE for this baby to surprise us. :) This week has been spring break, and we've had some downtime, and while that's been nice, I think I've found it makes me MORE anxious for this baby to arrive.
I know that sleep will be intermittent in 2 short weeks, but how I long for it to not be that way now. It seems it's one or the other. The kids are up and I could be sleeping, or the kids sleep great, and I can't sleep to save my life. I find myself daily praying for the Lord's strength and grace because it's all I have right now to get me through the long hard days, and even longer sleepless nights.
Come soon sweet baby we are ready to meet you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment