07 January, 2008

rantings...

Mike's in California and I miss him terribly. He will be there until friday. He's taking these masters classes that require this week long intensive course once a year. I"m so happy he's doing it though. Just talking to him on the phone this week, I can hear the excitement in his voice as he tells me what he's learning and how he really feels like he's supposed to be there. I'm so happy to have a husband who follows his passions and his dreams. but.. I miss him....
I miss being able to talk to him whenever I want to, I miss him making me laugh, I miss his smile, I miss his stupid pile of clothes he leaves on the bedroom floor, I miss the coffee he makes me in the morning, I miss coming home to him at night, I miss his arms around me when we go to bed at night, I miss him talking me out of a slump when I'm in one, and I miss his hugs and kisses.

I missed him incredibly when Sunday a dear friend called to tell me she was pregnant. While I am SO excited for them, its so hard to hear. I can't help but think about my pregnancy and where it ended and how far along I'd be. But.... I am reminded again of God's goodness and His grace and His plan for our lives. If you know me, you know I'm a planner and this I think was perhaps the hardest lesson of all.

You can't "plan" life.. Its given to you, its placed ever so delicately into your hands and it can be taken away from you in a split second. One more thing I guess I've learned... to take advantage of the people in your life... enjoy the time you have with them.
Well thats my philosophical rant for the day, I suppose...

take time to enjoy the people around you......revel in it, marvel in it, and be thankful that you've had those moments to enjoy together with other people.....

1 comment:

Christina Weedon said...

You’re right Jen, you can’t plan life… and some day soon, life will be GIVEN to you. This has been such a rough road, hasn’t it? Soon, so soon, your wish will come true.