11 March, 2008

Baby Stuff

Just a rant for today...

Why do they make you sign up for tons of baby stuff during your first trimester? It's about the stupidest thing I can imagine. I'm SO sick of getting crap in the mail about my soon to be baby that isn't here.
Baby Magazine
Gerber
Viacord
Formula Companies
BabiesRUS
The list goes on..... for the longest time I didn't even know we were getting them, my amazing husband was throwing them all away before I saw them. In the past week, I've managed to get 2 things that I've seen before he's thrown them away... It just stings, ya know? Who knows how much we get that I don't even see.... scratch that... I don't want to know.

I just don't understand why on earth we sign up for that crap when we do. 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, yet they hand you this packet of stuff to sign up for. Sure, I guess I could have turned them down, but I never dreamed we'd lose the baby. I didn't know the stats, but certainly the drs. office knows them!

Sure, I could waste my time calling these companies and asking that my name be removed, but it's not worth the time on the phone, the explanation, or the hassle.

So for now, I'll just vent.....

No comments: