18 May, 2008

recitals and sickness

Friday night was my kids recital. They did an AMAZING JOB! I am so incredibly proud of all of them. We counted during the recital and had 145 people in attendance! Not too shabby! :) Only 1 MAJOR flub-up, but life goes on, and hopefully a life lesson was learned! :)

Have I mentioned I love my job? I love watching kids learn something they'e never learned, and feel confident enough to play in front of a crowd of people. Sometimes during the recital, I sit there and think.. wow.... I can't believe they are playing that piece! For all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over practicing, it is worth those moments, when I see the smiles on their faces, and the pride in their eyes, that they accomplished something SO big for them.

It is an INCREDIBLE pleasure to teach my kids, and I'm so thankful for each of them. They all teach me something every day, whether it's a little more patience, how to love a little more, or how to forget the "plans" and just let them talk if that's what they need... It is a rewarding job, and I am incredibly blessed to have it.



So after the recital, Mike and I went home. We crashed, ordered a pizza, and enjoyed our evening.. then....
I woke up in the night not feeling well. Yucky, crampy, stomach hurt really bad. I hardly slept at all.

Saturday morning I woke up and immediately threw up. Then, I felt better. April and I were planning on going shopping, but she was getting her haircut first. So the plan was to leave our house at 7:30, get her haircut in Mason at 8, breakfast, then the Okemos Mall. Well, I felt better, so off we went. However, on the way, I started feeling not so hot again. Just before we got to Mason I told April, I can't do this. So, I called Mike, and he was going to come get me, while April got her haircut. I was sitting in the car in the parking lot, trying to maintain some composure. I again threw up, this time in the bushes. Mike got there, and he drove me home, where I promptly put my PJ's back on and climbed in bed. I slept most of the day yesterday. Basically getting up to use the bathroom. I drank Pedialyte and had 1 piece of dry toast and 2 small bowls of chicken broth... Mike and I were supposed to have a "date night" Complete with Red Lobster and a movie.. Instead Mike went and rented a movie, and we sat in bed, watching a movie and eating Chicken Broth.. not quite the "Date" we'd imagined! :)

Thankfully I slept through the night, and this morning, although not 100%, I'm definitely feeling better. No more "yuckies" at least.

I decided to stay home from church just to relax and hopefully kick whatever this is. I do think that maybe it was food poisoning, because Mike wasn't feeling great either.

Such is being sick I suppose... hopefully I'm now on the up and up...

No comments: