So, my project for the summer? Learning to sew.
This morning I went to Joann Fabrics and searched and scoured their stuff for something I thought was reasonable for someone with ZERO experience to do. I finally decided on a purse. I picked out the materials and brought everything home.
I'm hopeful that this will work out, and will be a fun, not stressful, project.
I took a picture of the fabric.
The first two pictures our crazy cat was checking it out.
"Mama, what's this, is it new? Can I eat it?"
Let's hope it turns out like the blue bag on the pattern.. :)


3 comments:
Way to try something new! I was sewing today, but something is very wrong with my machine...it is making this nasty grinding sound...and I oiled it twice today! I don't know...but I need it because I making all kinds of flags for camp! I want to see the purse when you are done!
What fun! I hope it turns out well. Someday, I hope to have a sewing machine too so I can sew in my spare time (Ha - what's that?)
Jen,
You will have fun with this. I never enjoyed sewing until I had Suzanna. From then on it was fun. She is starting a project for the fair this week, so another generation gets started.
Post a Comment