16 May, 2008

flowers and a full moon

The story of getting my flowers.
I went to go get pick out our flowers this morning. I looked online it said after May 15th. I talked to my Grandpa who is a resident flower expert and been planting for over 50 years. I talked to my mom who learned from Grandpa all who said.. No problem!!


I went to the greenhouse to get my flowers. It's a small family run greenhouse that we've known for years. Their whole family came to our wedding etc. Well, I started asking about the flowers, and then he stopped and said ... "you're not planning on planting them right now are you?" I said.. um.. yes... then he said.. haven't you been watching the weather? there is going to be a full moon on Monday Night. I said.. um I watch the weather, but I didn't know I had to be aware of the moon!! So he proceeded to tell me that more than likely we will get 1 more frost, which if it happens, will be the night of the full moon..
So he told me I could buy my flowers, but must PROMISE to not plant them until after Monday... I do however LOVE the color and will enjoy them sitting on our porch!!


So here are some pictures of my flowers.. awaiting their planting...

No comments: