15 October, 2008

I called the dr.

I called the drs. office this morning and told them what happened on Monday. The nurse was really apologetic, and told me she would talk with the doctor and give me a call back.

When I called, I told them I was over being upset, but just wanted them to know so they could do something to fix the problem so it wouldn't happen to someone else. I suggested the sticker idea to her and she thought that was a really good idea.

She called back and said.
1) the dr. felt really awful, and wanted me to know how very sorry he was
2) they were going to flag all the charts of people who didn't want to know more clearly and obviously, like a sticker.
3) per my suspicion, it did happen because of my amnio. those results were in there, and hadn't been previously. Because they were right there, the dr. assumed we knew what we were having.
4) they were especially going to mark those who didn't want to know and had an amnio done.

So that's that... I'm glad I called, and glad that they are going to take some action. They were really glad I called, so for now, I feel like maybe I saved someone else from having that happen to them.

No comments: