09 January, 2009

midnight ramblings

Last night I was up until midnight packing our hospital bag because suddenly I had this insatiable desire to be ready. Mike thought I was crazy. I was insistent we needed to have it done!!! :)

It's 4:30 in the morning and I"m wide awake. Not just I can't sleep awake, but feel like I could go clean the entire house, or go to the grocery store (it's probably not too busy right now) :)

of course later today when I should do the above noted items, I'll be so tired that I'll take a 2 hour nap instead.. :)

On a separate, more annoying, note..
Mike has been summoned to jury duty---the last week of January. yup. thats right, the last week of January. What's more annoying is a little over a year ago he was summoned and sat on a jury for 3 days. But, it's been more than a year, so we can do nothing about it. civil duty i suppose.
We may see about a postponement, but I don't know if they would grant us one for "newborn", or "could go into labor at any moment."
And a postponement just means he'll be summoned again in 3 months time.
Can't they bug someone else?!?!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL! Can you say "nesting"?? :)

I told Mike this last night: I was summoned for jury duty when I was 9 months pg with Holly. I just got a note from Dr. Mc and they postponed it. I never ended up having to go at all. Of course, I was the one actually having the baby, but I would think that since Mike is your main source of support they should be willing to do something.

MikeandJen said...

yea.. a little nesting happening i think....
i called and left a message at the courthouse today. we're going to file for postponement, but it says if it's medical related then you have to have a drs. note, so i'm not sure if they would need one or not.. hopefully they call back today because you have to turn it around in 10 days....