07 January, 2009

on your mark...

14 days...

I feel like we are waiting at the starting gate for the gun to fire and to race down the track. Just waiting....waiting, and more waiting... We have things done and in place, just a few odds and ends that hopefully will get done this weekend. The car seat is installed. The nursery is painted and ready. This little peanut just needs to make their grand appearance. I find myself sitting and rocking in the nursery quite often. Often when we go to bed at night, we both look at each other and talk about whether or not this was our last day as just us.
We're excited, nervous, and looking forward to all of it. Most exciting?? I'm ready to be done puking. I'm so tired of it.
Mike has been a real trooper lately, rubbing my back and feet when I ask without a word of complaint. He is such a blessing, and I know he is going to be an incredible father.

Yesterday I spent part of the day researching pediatricians. Trying to decide who to go with, looking at reviews and recommendations. Reading up on vaccinations. So much to think about! I think at the moment we'll just go with the normal vaccine schedule, maybe the delayed, but we aren't so sure we really want to worry ourselves with one more thing to think about.

Tomorrow I have to play for a Christmas concert. yup... christmas. Their concert was cancelled because of a snow day, so we're making it up now... 3 weeks after christmas... never too late to sing Jingle Bells! :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow...you're soooo close! i'm so excited for you guys...can't wait to hear everything! and see pictures of your precious one!
the waiting game...i know that well...

Anonymous said...

I hope you're hanging in there...I feel like I would be a nervous wreck...just waiting for that moment!

Liz K said...

yep, getting close...just don't get too stuck on your due date...it will only make it worse if you go over, at least it did for me!

Jessica said...

I remember waking up in the morning during the last few weeks, thinking "Is this the day?"

FYI, askdrsears.com has some great info about an alternative vaccine schedule, in case you want check it out. It still involves getting all of the AAP recommended vaccines, just more spread out.