Levi is 4 weeks old today. I can't believe he has been here for a month already. I don't feel like he's changed all that much, but I'm sure he has to those who don't see him as often. He is growing and changing, I do not doubt!
He is giving us about 4ish hours at night between feedings. Most often he gives us one 4 1\2 hour stretch, and another 3 hour. We're basically getting up 2x a night with him, which certainly is manageable, though I think we're both ready for him to go a little longer. we can dream right? :)
He is spending more and more time awake, though often to his grumpiness. He tends to fight sleep during the day which makes for a cranky baby, and a cranky mama, but he's getting better, I suppose he's only a month old, right?
and a good story for all of you...
A couple of weeks ago, I had an interesting time accompanying. I got a call from the director at 7am. He sounded kind of tired or at least that he wasn't feeling well. He proceeded to say.. Hey Jen, it's Bill. I think I'm having a heart attack. Angie (his wife) is taking me to the hospital. Do you think you can come and in and direct rehearsal? I said. uh, what?!?! why are you on the phone to me? He continued to try to give me his lesson plans, until I basically hung on him and told him to GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Awkwardly enough, his daughter is in choir. Did she know what was going on? Of course not, but did I know that? Of course not. So, when she came in to choir she came up and said, where's my dad, and I said. Well, your mom took him to the hospital. She said, what?? So, there I was left to tell her that he thought he was having a heart attack, but clearly he wasn't doing too awful, since he had called me on the phone. Later during the hour, Angie called to say they were keeping him overnight for observation, to go ahead and cancel the concert for the next day, and oh.. don't tell Brittany what's going on. I thought.. hmm.. well a little late for that. So, I cancelled the concert, and pulled Brit aside and told her what was up since the poor girl was looking even more concerned since I'd cancelled the concert for the next day. I told her that she wasn't supposed to know, and could you maybe not tell your parents I told you? oops! Anyway, Bill is okay. They thought it was diabetes related, but I guess now they aren't so sure. A crazy day in choirville, that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment