yup!
After fighting a MAJOR diaper rash with Levi for 3 weeks, I finally turned to the powers of facebook and issued a cry for help....
and it came.
I was given a TON of ideas on things to use etc. One friend, who also happens to be a nurse practioner, suggested crisco. I kind of scoffed at his idea, really?
But..
He is a NP...
After talking with him, and emailing him a couple pics of the said area, he confirmed that it was indeed not a yeast diaper rash, but a regular old nasty one.
He told me to find the highest zinc oxide butt cream I had, which happened to be Desitin Maximum Strength at 40%, smather it on his butt, and then cover it with crisco. (you know, that blue tub that you use to make pie crusts and what not?)Anyway, we did, and it REALLY works. Somehow the crisco keeps the other cream on.
You know how when normally changing a diaper, the cream is gone from when you applied it earlier? Well, this time.. IT WAS STILL THERE. 2 nights of the crisco trick and I think we are well on our way to healthy skin again!
I'm tucking this gem away for future use, and thought any of you mama's out there could use the tip as well!
1 comment:
We use Boudreaux's Butt Paste {or something to that effect} and it's great... it must have a built-in Crisco-esqueness, because it stays on FOREVER. :)
Post a Comment