15 November, 2010

go-to quick-fix dessert

Fruit Filled Oatmeal Bars.

These are seriously so easy, I can throw them together with no time flat, and they always turn out great. Easy to put together for surprise company or that potluck you're heading out the door to attend. I cannot take credit, the recipe comes from my trusty red and white checked better homes and garden cookbook....

1 C flour
1 C quick oats
2\3 brown sugar
1\4 tsp baking powder.

mix well

add 1\2 C butter, mix with pastry blender....

reserve 1\2 C of mix, press the rest into a 9x9 pan...

meanwhile.. come up with a fruit sauce of some kind...
i've cooked down strawberries and made a compote...
threw in some jelly...
applesauce with some raisins or cranberries mixed in..

anything you can think of, really!

put it on top of the pressed mix, sprinkle the remainder of the flour mixture on top..

bake at 350 for 30 minutes...

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Funny you should share this... one of the sticky notes in my pile of to-do lists is about finding an oatmeal bar recipe! I guess I just found one!