13 December, 2010

Mozzerella

I've been wanting to try making cheese for a while now...
It's okay. I'm coming to terms with the fact that we're a little odd.

Anyway, at my piano recital last week, one of my piano students moms (who is also kind of a crunchy granola type) gave me some of the ingredients needed to make cheese.. mainly Rennet, and Citric Acid.

Today, my friend, Cindy, stopped by, and delivered our milk to me. (they are a fantastic family who also happen to own a dairy farm) how handy!

This afternoon I set out to do it.
And to my utter amazement....
I turned milk into cheese!

 


If I didn't have chili in the crockpot we'd be having homemade pizza for dinner. I believe that will be dinner tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Liz K said...

good job my friend! Yummo!

Rebecca said...

that is awesome...and looks delicious!

laurcat said...

Wow, that is like magic. Let me know if it is tasty.

Liz said...

Ooh! The cheese looks so pretty, but I'm drooling even more at the plate you have it on. Did you get the plate somewhere recently, or is it one of those awesome garage sale finds that unfortunately can't be duplicated? If you got it somewhere recently, do share. Love!