We finally heard official word that we did not get the job in Alpena. We suspected it was coming on various levels, but nonetheless it still stung, and hurts to once again be rejected because we lack experience that we can't get because no one will hire someone who doesn't have experience. Anyone else see the failed logic there?
Today we got word on another job with the same result, because of the same ol' tune we hear each and every time.... lack of experience...
and you know what?
It. Gets. Old.
I'm tired of hearing the pat answers of... in the Lord's time, etc etc. Please don't patronize me with your Christian-ese. While we know it is true, it gets old and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of watching my husband pour his heart into something, that he feels so strongly about, only to be told, yet again... that he doesn't have enough experience.
4 comments:
i understand the frustration of this. it stinks big time! no logic in it whatsoever!
oh Jen! I just was telling a friend the other day how tired I am of the Church not being willing to man up in hard situations. Just be honest, we are all adults here...so hard!! Praying for that perfect fit very soon!
We know the feeling for sure...It's so frustrating during the long job-hunting process, but keep your heads up and know that God is there even in times that are hard to understand. And something good is definitely coming.
Again just catching up...so sorry to hear about the closed door. :( That must be so disappointing, I'll be keeping you guys surrounded in prayer for the right opportunity and soon!
Post a Comment