I thought I'd update on the job in Alpena.
Mostly the update is that we know nothing. :)
We spent that first weekend up there and then the next weekend, Mike and I went by ourselves. That second trip was good for being able to talk about things as they came up, while not chasing a 2 yr old around, as well as just some really good decompressing talk time on the way home, afterall it is 5 hours.
Overall? We really REALLY love Alpena. We love the town, we love the area, and really nothing in that area has been a deterent for us. In fact, Mike has also applied for a job over in the Ypsilatni area, and I have to say the thought of moving to Alpena is more exciting to me than Ypsilanti, even though we'd be much closer to family down here. I mean really? who says that they want to move to the middle of nowhere in northern michigan? We also have really enjoyed getting to know the people of the church. Really nice, down to earth people who love Jesus.
We certainly have some questions that we would like to ask of the congregation, just basic sort of.. where do you see this church going, what's your vision, strengths, weaknesses etc etc.. but we're hoping the time will come for those.
We are just kind of in wait mode right now. The church had a meeting last night to talk about the pastoral search process, and we can only assume, we were discussed at that meeting. I guess now, we just wait to hear if they still like us or not ;)
We're just continuing to trust and pray that the Lord is leading in all of this. We've really felt like He's been ahead of us in this whole process, and we're continuing to trust in that.
So that's where we are... in case you were wondering ;)
oh and if you can believe i'm in my 3rd! trimester now! how on earth did that happen?
2 comments:
i was just wondering today how all of that was going. been praying for you guys. and hooray for reaching the 3rd trimester!!
That sounds like it would be a pretty cool move! Northern Michigan is pretty rad. Keep us updated. :)
Post a Comment