a couple of you have asked how i'm feeling. i'm feeling MUCH better these days. i'm only getting sick once, maybe twice a week, which, compared to once or twice a day... i'll take that gladly! :)
we are still waiting on our amnio results. yesterday my dr. said my alpha-feta-protein came back negative, which he said was good. i'm not really sure what that is, but he said it was one step in the right direction. we're just kind of waiting now. we've really come to be at peace with it. i know there isn't anything we can do to change the results, and we just have to deal with it. i think it also helps that we have such great, close, friends who have a daughter with downs. we've talked with them a lot, and it just helps to know that side of life. lexi, their daughter, will always be different, but we've learned to communicate with her and understand her in a different way. she doesn't say hi, or talk yet (she is just turned 4 in july), but she gives you kisses by licking you :)... she's special and lovely in every way..
second and way more fun! i went shoe shopping yesterday because apparantley my preggo feet have grown! who knows.... anyway... this is the shoe i want...

it's pretty and fun green... but i'm thinking green is not very practical.. but how CUTE is it?? so that's the shoe i'm trying to talk myself into NOT buying.... but boy oh boy do I want to buy it! :) and it's only $20 at payless.. not too shabby!
2 comments:
Super cute!! ...but I agree about the practicality issue. I hate Dave when I go shoe shopping!
Come on...you and Mike would love Holland!:)
As far as the Fuzzi Bunz...we use during the day. Forrest has always leaked through at night, so we do a disposable then. And when we are on vacation...don't really want to wash them then:)
We have 12 mediums. This was a good number. It means doing laundry every other day or so. The Mediums are a good size too. Forrest started wearing them when he was about 4 months old and is still in them. I bought 10 larges for him to grow into, and I tried them on, and they are way too big still. So, we'll see how big he is by the time the new baby needs them.
I bought the 10 used off of ebay. I had to buy liners separate, but the price with shipping still worked out to be about $10 a diaper. Not bad...the mediums we got as hand me downs. I am contemplating buying a few smalls, but I am not sure how wise that is...but it might be a decent thought if I can get some cheap. Does that help?
Couple of other things...I use a plain old trash can with a lid in my laundry room...put a little water and detergent and we are good. I have thought that a wet bag for the diaper bag would be nice for in camp stuff. If you are going to use them on days when you are out and about, then it would be a bigger issue. I haven't decided whether it's worth it or not...grocery bags work ok for us right now.
Post a Comment