13 October, 2008

It's a.....

I had an interesting dr. appointment this morning.
It was routine, par for the course.
He sat down to do our usual how are you doing conversation and next thing i knew, he was saying, so i see you're having a ____ do you have a name picked out yet?
I seriously just stared at him!
From the beginning, Mike and I decided we wanted to wait to find out what we were having. We decided that they are very few really good surprises in life, and we wanted this to be one of them.
I must have looked stunned because he said.. the tech told you what you were having right? Again, I just stared at him, I couldn't believe he just told me. I kept thinking, don't you write that down on someone's chart??! I don't think I ever actually responded to his questions, because I was just processing what he had said. I didn't even bother to tell him that we didn't want to know, and by the way, thanks for ruining it for us, because the deed was done, he couldn't take back what he said.
We have waited so long, have gone through countless ultrasounds where we could have found out; I never thought we'd find out randomly sitting in the drs office!
so yeah... we know what were having. in someways I'm glad to know, in others, I'm extremely disappointed.
But don't bother asking, because we're not telling....
we've got to keep it a surprise for someone! :)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man!! How extremely disappointing and shocking that must have been! I'm sorry you didn't get to wait! :(

Rebecca said...

oh my word...that totally stinks! i'm so sorry you didn't get to wait as planned! how disappointing! usually even the doctor will ask if you want to know or not... :(

Liz K said...

Are you kidding me?!? That is insane! I would be so mad! What did Mike say when you told him? How did the doctor react when you mentioned the fact that you didn't want to know that yet? OH MAN!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! just wow. you'd think they'd have a system for identifying the charts of those folks wanting to wait...

i guess you wanted to be surprised, and you certainly were!

LoriLiz said...

I can't even believe that happened to you!!!! I am soooooo sorry he ruined it for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you'd think they'd be a little more careful about these things?? But, keeping everyone else in suspense is just as fun. :)