08 October, 2008

sometimes...

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned.

Last week was my birthday and Mike and I were going to celebrate Thursday night. Well, we ended up driving to Muskegon to be with my friend at her dad's visitation. It wasn't quite what we had in mind, but it was okay. We decided we'd celebrate later.

Last night we were going to have my "birthday night". The plan was dinner out, movie etc. I didn't get home from teaching until 7:15, and Mike didn't get home from work until 7:30. Well, yesterday just so happened to be a really awful sick day for me. I was not feeling up for dinner out, so we decided to just order pizza in.

We ordered, and Mike drove to get it. While he was gone, I managed to get super sick, and when he got back I was in no mood to eat greasy pizza. I ate one piece, and that was about all I could do. We settled in to watch the presidential debate and 9, and by 9:15 I was down for the count. So much for our romantic filled evening.

This morning, I found candles on the counter. I asked Mike what they were, and he was going to put them on some pie we had and celebrate my birthday with it last night. I felt so bad that I'd fallen asleep, gotten sick, missed pie, and everything else.

Such is life I suppose. Today I feel better for which I am thankful. I've started to notice that when I feel really sick are those nights that I don't sleep as well. I have NO idea if lack of sleep and being sick could be related, but I'm starting to wonder if they are. I have an appointment next week, and I'm going to ask about that possibility.

Not much else happening around here. We are still looking for a place to live. It's a long process and I just want to have a decision, and feel good about it. I have some showers coming up soon, and I'm excited for them, if nothing else to see friends I haven't seen in a while!

I know it sounds lame but I'm getting excited for Christmas! :) I know it's only October, but it's not that far away, and i just LOVE Christmas. SO FUN!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry your bday didn't go as planned. So begins your life with a baby. Every "plan" becomes tentative. ;)

Rebecca said...

i agree with the above comment :). sorry your plans fell through. and i hope you figure out this sickness thing!

thanks for your comment. it is very hard to choose a name. i'm sure you'll figure out the perfect name for your precious one, too :).

Liz K said...

oh dear...yep, life changes so much! I found that when I don't get enough sleep, that's when I feel the worst being pregnant...don't know what you can do about it though. My doctor did tell that it is ok to occasionally take a benadryle to get you sleepy...may be worth asking about next time...sorry you are so yucky feeling friend!

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas too. :)

Hope you get to celebrate soon!