26 November, 2008

thankfulness

Tomorriw is thanksgiving, so.... in no particular order:

I'm thankful for....

1) An amazing husband who takes care of me, and has perhaps become even more evident in the last 6 months of puking all of the time. Who works so hard to provide for our family, and loves me more than I realize

2) My sister.... if you know me, you know my sister, we're the best of friends.... and now i'm humming that song from fox and the hound.. we're the best of friends, we have so much fun together... we're not even aware we're such a funny pair.. we're the best of friends... love her dearly and i'm excited for her to be auntie A!

3)A faithful God who has guided our steps, and brought us through this past year. Who has blessed us with family and friends who support us, who faithfully walks beside us, and carres us when we need it the most.

4 I often think of a year ago, and how we were feeling about the impending holiday. We were definitely NOT in the mood to be thankful. We desperately wanted to have our baby back, but I'm amazed at how much a year changes you. We are different people now. We are stronger together as a couple because of our miscarriage, and we are much more atune to other's sorrows, and for that I am thankful.

5) I'm thankful for this little baby growing inside of me. There are days where I think Mike and I both reserved still, and don't really believe it is going to happen. I can't explain to you how miscarriage changed us, but it has, and I really don't think we'll believe this can happen until we hold our baby in our arms. I said to Mike the other day, I can't believe there is a little person inside of me, with arms, legs, eyes, a nose, tiny fingers and toes, it's unbelievable to me. A little miracle, that will be here in 8 short weeks.


So... your turn..... what are you thankful for this year?

No comments: