22 December, 2008

It's a girl, no wait... a BOY!

Let me say.. this is not a post about us.. we have no baby... yet.... :)

Some dear friends have been eagerly expecting and anticipating the arrival of their sweet baby. Emily was due Christmas day but they had decided to induce her this morning. She actually went into labor on her own last night. She had a natural birth as she went from 3cm to 10cm in an hour.. I can only wish, right?
I got a call from Em this morning to say.. hey guess what... I'm a mom.... to a BOY! This wouldn't be so surprising except that they had told them they were having a girl... OOPS! She said that she pushed him out, the dr. said "it's a boy", and Adam and Em, said, WHAT?!? This is their 3rd baby, and they have a boy and girl already, so at least they have some clothes at home... :)
So.. congratulations to you, dear friends, on your precious surprising baby boy... No name yet because they didn't have a boy's name picked out... so for now..

Welcome to the world little baby davidson! :)

3 comments:

Liz K said...

I have heard of this happening before. That was part of my reason for not wanting to know before the boys came. I did pack a neutral outfit to take to the hospital with Elliot, just incase he ended up being a girl!

Rebecca said...

that is crazy! the same thing happened to my cousin a couple years ago.

Jessica said...

Congratulations to them! How funny! And going from 3 to 10 cm in an hour is NOT fun... trust me! ;)