09 December, 2008

tis the season...

Our beautiful tree... Her name is Gwendolyn.. :)


Here's our tree.. right before we chopped her down...


Mike chopping away...


Our beautifully decorated tree..






this ornament we bought in memory of our baby...


one of our nativity sets. somehow i started a collection of nativities from different countries. this one is from the philippines.


i got this when i was in honduras...



this is the one that started the collection, i bought it when i was in africa.



We had a lovely weekend, completed by going out and picking out our Christmas tree. It's a HUGE deal in our family, so it's always adventure. It was of course freezing on Saturday. We had hats, gloves, snowpants, warm coats, the whole nine yards, but we had a blast. We named our lovely tree, Gwendolyn, and Brian and April, Marcella.

Saturday evening, Mike and I enjoyed a nice dinner, and tree decorating together. It's always such a peaceful time. It's nice to take some time out and spend those moments together, building those traditions. Christmas time as a musician, is really hard. You know all those lovely parties you go to, and concerts you attend? Well, I'm the one running around playing at all of them. It's challenging, and very tiring, especially being almost 8 months pregnant. My favorite one this year? On Friday I had to play for a special for a local tv show. We recorded.... OUTSIDE.. the windchill friday was basically 0. My hands were wrinkly and purple when we got done... YIKES!

With being so busy, it helps us appreciate that our church celebrates the advent season, that we can take that time to remember the real simple beautiful meaning of Christmas. A beautiful time to reflect on our Savior's birth, and be reminded of His glory and presence in our lives.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

love your tree...and nativities!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Very nice tree! I wish we had snow here...it's 50's and rainy today. I always feel bad for you every Christmas season when you're so busy but I know people enjoy your beautiful piano skills.